News comment (10.13)

“Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz defends fans booing Penn State players going down”

This article opens up by telling the reader that kirk Ferentz had a weekly press conference after Iowa STOMPED all over Penn States perfect season.

Adam Ritttenberg noted that Kirk Said in his press conference:  “I hope those guys are well, I don’t know what their status is,” Ferentz said. “Nobody wants to see anybody get hurt. But I think probably [the booing] is a reaction to, there were a couple of guys that were down for the count and then were back a play or two later. Our fans aren’t stupid. They’re watching, they know what’s going on. I’ve been here 23 years and I think that’s only the second time we’ve seen that kind of stuff going on.” “We don’t coach it, haven’t really been exposed to it, But our fans thought they smelled a rat, I guess, I don’t know, so they responded the way they responded.”

The Article wrapped up by noting what the Iowa Hawkeyes had done all season and what they faced ahead.

I will admit this article is very sallow and doesn’t give very much detail of the situation, nor it is big time news. Outside of Iowa and Penn State little “bubble” nobody should really give a shit about what Kirk thinks but I just had to note that I love when Kirk stand ups and calls a team that Iowa just stomped on “A rat”.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32389698/iowa-coach-kirk-ferentz-defends-fans-booing-penn-state-players-going-down

One thought on “News comment (10.13)

1. fuglsang

STOMPED? So what happened in the Purdue game?

“Smelled a rat” is pretty coarse for a coach. I watched a bit on TV and the commentators came to the same conclusion; that PS players were stalling for time. Is there a sport where players/coaches don’t use this strategy (when necessary)?