New Comment 12.2

In a cowherdess act of betrayal, now former Notre Dame coach, Brian Kelly decided to pack his bags and head on down to the bayou and become the next head coach of LSU. As first reported by CBS Sports and followed up on by ESPN insider Adam Rittenberg, Braian Kelly was moving on to USC. In my opinion the shockwaves from Lincoln Riley and Brian Kelly leaving established blueblood college football programs to rebuild struggling bluebloods at Southern Cal and LSU will be felt for quite some time. To some, it’s simply about a monetary reset of the coaching marketplace, 10-year

contracts worth $100 million becoming commonplace for coaches without national titles will undoubtedly have implications for the rest of the sport.

I like how in the end the reporter mentioned LSU had been connected to various coaches, including Fisher, whom Orgeron beat on Saturday and who has vehemently denied that he is leaving Texas A&M for any job this offseason. Oklahoma’s Lincoln Riley also shut down speculation over the weekend that he could be up for the LSU job, before accepting the position at USC on Sunday.

I hate those coaches are doing this now. I am a person who values loyalty and these coach are obviously not loyal at all, and they make it all about money, when your first priority as a coach should be about developing young men and not making a shit-load of cash.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32748893/lsu-set-hire-notre-dame-brian-kelly-next-head-football-coach-sources-say

One thought on “New Comment 12.2

Cowardice for spelling. Cowardly for grammar.

Coaches have never been about loyalty. It’s always money and/or status. However, for Riley, it could actually be cowardice as he leaves before OU joins the SEC.