What is it? (Descriptive Assignment)

Today I went on a mission to be somewhere at an unfamiliar time, it was somewhere that I you can find me every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I am at my Graphic Design Classroom 2 hours before class begins.

As I arrived to Eppley, I saw that the park space that are filled with cars and their commuter sticks that prevent security from giving them tickets were noticeably gone. It was just cement and yellow paint.

Once I was in the building I heard a lack of singing and instruments being played, the usually vibrant Classrooms were bare and empty, as was MC 203 my graphic design classroom.

In the room itself there was me and one other student. The student was a tall dude, with black hair and a black beard with a wrinkly red shirt on. The shirt itself said Saints crossed the front, his high school football team’s nickname, as the dude himself is a morning side football player.

There were something else missing, the buzzing of the printer wasn’t going on, the squeaky of the of the swingline paper cutter going up and down turning what is a gross raw graphic design project into a masterpiece was gone. All that I can hear is the clicking of my keyboard and the buzzing of the old air conditioning units’ fans.

My thoughts at the time as I look out the window was thank god it is almost fall break, the sun was out and I was looking forward to a cold beer when I got back to my house.

One thought on “What is it? (Descriptive Assignment)

1. fuglsang

“Once I was in the building I heard a lack of singing and instruments being played, the usually vibrant Classrooms were bare and empty, as was MC 203 my graphic design classroom.” I guess you can “hear” something by its absence. An interesting observation. Vibrant is a cool word. Connotations. Dude? Maybe.

“the squeaky of the swingline paper cutter” I like that as well. It’s within my experience.