Jalen Portis 

Professor Ross

10/14/20

There are 2 different lobbies in the plex one at the top of the hill and one at the bottom. Sitting in the bottom lobby room in the plex there are a lot of loud sounds,Nasty smells, and cooler air than the rest of the dorm filled with people watching tv. The front door of the lobby is constantly opened as the breeze from the 16 mph wind sneaks in slamming the door . The furniture in the building is fairly old, but when it was hot outside the room felt better than our own rooms, for the fact that the lobby had air conditioning. Top corners of the lobby are filled with spider webs as well as the back of the door with a small amount of dust which is probably why I keep sneezing repeatedly. 

Normally this room is occupied in the morning by 1 or 2 different sleepers on the couch when I walk to class. The room started off the semester clean until people decided to make it the hangout spot,   and made it some sort of a living area. The cheeto bag on the floor and the water bottles on the table gives a sign that they do not clean up after themselves when they leave. 

Jamal , Steve and I are currently watching the nail biting Coastal Carolina vs Louisiana University game which ended 30-27. We began talking about how different colleges that are higher ranked programs are losing more games than any other year.

One Reply to “Jalen Portis ”

1. Good observations, Jalen. I’m curious why there are people sleeping in the lounge. Were they kicked out of their rooms while roomies hosted visitors? Or did they just want the AC? The Plex does have a custodian, correct? Maybe not on weekends.