Interview

Interviewing Steven Postolka, a former Morningside College student has made the best of his experience and learning in college to help him be where he is today. After morningside college he attended the University of Iowa to receive his graduate degree in law. Postolka is now a litigator for a Law firm  in Sioux City loving his job where he wouldn’t trade  for anything else. With a student asking Postolka “What made you go into Law?” He says “I went to law because I wanted to be a journalist , or a political scientist. I chose law school because it made me think of practical things and I enjoyed doing that on a daily basis.” This was the first person I had really met that was  a litigator , so I was curious on what aspect of the job would be the most difficult to handle. His response was that “People lie a lot , and it can be a difficult  balance to make sure money is coming to the firm while keeping justice at the same time.” Although the firm  he had received in Sioux City hired him in January ; the market in Sioux City was small compared to other cities that had a bigger population. I made a conjecture that maybe one day he would move to a bigger market/city. I asked him where do you see yourself in 3 years along with the question of would you want to move to a bigger city. He said no, because as he just said he had just obtained that position recently and he hasn’t had any problems, reasons to leave Sioux City. Overall Steven Postolka is a successful man on the right path to living out his dreams until he found out what’s next for him.