Media Comment #10

Have you ever been flipping through the channels on a Thursday or Friday, when you see a football game on? Normally when I do this I stop for about a second then see the two teams are bottom feeders and don’t stay long, but now I might have to start staying, considering the Big Ten will feature six games on Fridays in the future starting next year in 2017. This will open up TV stations on Saturdays like ESPN to have more range to show you more exciting games then having to show power five conference games all the time. Overall I think this is a great thing considering I am a college student, but I immediately feel for the high schoolers who are watching or playing for their high schools every Friday and they might miss a game that includes their favorite team since they are playing or watching. Overall this article was interesting and honestly kind of blew my mind considering I didn’t even know this project was in the works and I am somebody who follows the Big Ten pretty hard. This article relates to class because it had a great lead and drew me in right away and I think it will draw lots of people in considering there is going to be good football games on Fridays now.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17954314/big-ten-include-friday-night-games-beginning-2017

One thought on “Media Comment #10

1. fuglsang

The lead doesn’t do much for me. But you and the article raise some interesting issues about early-week games. I saw an article to day reporting that ESPN is losing viewership. I’m not surprised.