https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-technology-science-business-europe-5b7dbb782f89ef3d586eefb9a33d5e1c

This week I read an article called “ Robots hit the streets as demand for food delivery grows” from APNews. The story was written by Dee-Ann Durbin and was written really well. The story explained the use of these robots and how their need had grown especially through the pandemic. It talked about the features, capabilities, and where the boys are used at. This specific story featured that of a college campus. 

This story initially caught my eye because earlier today I had actually come across a TikTok of a college student who was using one to order food. I thought it was interesting and proceeded to watch the whole thing. 

As previously stated I think the story was written really well and there weren’t any problematic parts that I came across. It talked through a lot of relevant points and I wasn’t left asking questions. Everything was also backed up with a reason. For example, the writer had talked about how the robots have drawbacks that limit how useful they are. Then continued to explain this is because they have to be charged every so often and can’t travel as far because of it. 

A fun turn of events was actually getting to the end of this article. I know I tend to find news from The New York Times and always comment on the length. However, I thought this was an appropriate length and it kept my attention the whole time. 

1 Comment so far

1.    fuglsang on November 8th, 2021

This is an AP story, so not much need for a history of robots and food delivery.

Some opportunity for description.

This is a story about present culture. Are people afraid to go out, or are we just getting lazier by the day?