For our last news comment, I came across an article from Siouxland News called “Get ready for the first major snowstorm of the season” by Kati Nickolaou. The story went into detail about the upcoming storm system and what to expect. It also included several graphics that were relevant and displayed information such as wind gusts, snow forecast, winter weather alerts, etc. 

I think that the story is written well and it conveys all information that you would want when trying to prepare for the storm. However, the style of the article is a little confusing. There wasn’t any obvious lead and it doesn’t appear to follow the inverted pyramid style writing. Aside from that, I thought it was good. It was very detailed and held my attention. (I was also curious as to the content considering it will directly affect our area in the near future.)

It didn’t leave me needing more information and if a reader did, for some reason, need more it would be easily accessible. 

​​https://siouxlandnews.com/news/local/get-ready-for-the-first-major-snowstorm-of-the-season

1 Comment so far

1.    fuglsang on December 13th, 2021

Nickolaou is KMEG’s weather anchor. The story fits broadcast style, especially if you consider how weather folks present info on TV. This seems like a string of tweets, but it works for the internet, I guess.