For this week’s news comment I chose the article “Rockin’ around the Christmas tree: Rockefeller tree lit up” from AP News. It discussed the details of the tree from where it came from to how many lights are wrapped around the tree. The tree stands 79 feet tall with over 50,000 lights on it. The tree is topped with a 900-pound crystal star. 

Even though the article was shorter I think it was well written. It had all the information I would have wanted. I thought the additional information of where the tree came from was also nice. The article was written in a classic inverted pyramid style where the additional details/information were found at the bottom. 

The reason I chose this article was that when the tree was en route to NYC I saw several TikToks about it. I’ve also been to Rockefeller Plaza and got to see it during the summer so seeing it during the holidays is kind of cool.

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-new-york-manhattan-trees-arts-and-entertainment-240387689bd4011539d2d1bb180a933d

1 Comment so far

1.    fuglsang on December 3rd, 2021

A story that appears annually. More than likely based on a press release from Rockefeller Center. No byline suggests it did not require a ot of work.

The AP site is a good one for objective news.