This week I found an article/broadcast from KMEG called “Thank-you lunches handed out to truck drivers in Salix”. The story discussed how the Iowa Motor Truck Association put together a number of lunches to hand out as a way to say thank you.

Since this was also used as a broadcast story I thought it was done really well. I admire how short and to the point they were able to make it. I know that is something I struggled with in our last story. 

Overall, I thought it was written nicely. It started with a good throwaway lead that made me want to know more. It included what I found to be all the necessary information and then some quotes as well. It’s also interesting to see these after going through the broadcast section of this class and seeing all of the things we have learned be applied.

When it comes to why I chose this story, I thought it sounded like it would be a little more “happy” than what I am used to seeing.

https://siouxlandnews.com/news/local/thank-you-lunch-handed-out-to-truck-drivers

1 Comment so far

1.    fuglsang on November 22nd, 2021

No fat in that story. Sometimes writing short can be difficult. But with broad cast it’s a matter of focusing on one thing: what’s that one hook? Then let the video and audio work together.