The Televised Manhood Formula

There were some very interesting topics that were discussed in this article. I was fascinated to learn that there were so few women broadcasters. I never thought about it, but the sports shows that are shown can definitely paint a negative image of women and minorities for young, immature viewers. I got to thinking and every Lysol commercial that I’ve seen is shown with a woman doing housework. However, I don’t think that it is meant to do so.

There are also points that were made that I found completely irrelevant. As far as professional wrestling commentary using wording such as violent and aggressive, that is what pro-wrestling is! In the sport of football, the game is designed to be played physically and aggressively. When broadcasters support athletes for making a good, strong, aggressive play it shouldn’t be looked upon as a negative. I don’t think that these paint an aggressive or sexist viewpoint for younger audiences.

3 Comments so far

1.   Gerald Keshishyan on July 7th, 2012

Good post. I learn something very complicated on diverse blogs each day. It will always be stimulating to read content from other authors and practice a little from their own store. I’d want to use some with all the content in my website whether anyone don’t head. Natually I’ll offer you a link on your own web website. Thanks for sharing.

2.   Xmas Canon Camera Deals on November 28th, 2012

Spot on with this writeup, I truly think this website needs much more consideration. Ill probably be again to read much more, thanks for that info.

3.   Bob on January 15th, 2013

Glad to see the that you wrote about wrestling and football being violent sports, and that promoting a good hit or tackle is just part of selling the sport. It helps create the “awe” or “mystique” which, in turn, helps to justify the revenue streams coming into the respective sports.