Sep 12 2018

Profile Image of Daniel

News Comment #4 – N.R.A. Show Puts Thomas the Tank Engine in K.K.K. Hood to Criticize Diversity Move

Posted at 9:10 pm under Uncategorized

This article has a great lead and headline that made me as a reader want to keep reading. Anything that brings the KKK and a children’s show together in a news story is worth a read. Excellent job by the writer to draw audiences in with both a great lead and a great headline.

One of the few news values this article talks about is the news value of conflict. Many different conflicts are being represented in this article such as conflict between NRATV and Mattel, the images and Mattel, and NRATV against the idea of political correctness pandering to audiences. There are many different forms of conflict that make this article stand out when it comes to wanting to read it.

Another news value this story brings up is the news value, bizarre. This story is bizarre because as I mentioned, the story mentions the KKK and Thomas the Tank Engine. Whenever two polarizing things get brought together like that it is sure to seem very bizarre to any reader.

Overall I think this was a well written news article and one that drew my attention right from the get-go. A good lead, interesting story, and a bizarre story-line kept me reading this story all the way through.

One response so far

One Response to “News Comment #4 – N.R.A. Show Puts Thomas the Tank Engine in K.K.K. Hood to Criticize Diversity Move”

1. fuglsangon 16 Sep 2018 at 9:55 am 1

We haven’t spent a lot of time with currency, but right now the NRA, white supremacy, and diversity all have currency. And they all come together in this story.

The NRA never ceases to astound and appall me.

Comments RSS