Let the chaos begin!
<

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/39036382?from=en-us_msntod&gt1=43001#39036382

Won’t lie, I’m not posting this because I am concerned.  I am posting this one, because I don’t think that this is news, and I don’t like the coverage on it. What could they have done betteR? Well, for one thing, not emphasized the fact that this was an athlete. People get into crashes all the time, why don’t they all get their own news cast? This got covered because this was an athlete, and that irritates the hell out of me. Even if the president got into a moped crash -that’s not news. The president banning abortion – now THAT’S news. I give this article a C for irrelevance.

September 8th, 2010 at 3:13 am

One Response to “For Friday!”
  1. 1
      fuglsang says:

I don’t totally agree, Courtney. Yes, there is too much focus on his FB status, but I think the video itself makes this newsworthy and interesting. Rarely do you see an accident “live” on camera, then to see him walk away is pretty miraculous. The first time I saw this my jaw dropped (maybe because I ride a motorcycle and it amazes me he got up). I wish they had focused more on alerting car drivers that they need to watch out for motorcycles, and that the truck driver in this case should be ticketed and sent back to driving school.