Descriptive Writing

Asking a weird question, “What is the first few things you would do in a zombie apocalypse?”

This question is weird and stupid for many reason, probably because zombies were made up for SIFI movies and shows. But when asking this question college age students were very eager to answer and have clearly put a little thought into the subject before.

Most commonly the first answer was “Go to my families farmland” or “go to my friends cabin/ farm” or even thought out as far as “get a on a boat because I don’t think zombies can swim.”

Although these are perfectly fine places to probably end up in a zombie apocalypse many if not all forgot all the steps it would take to travel of get somewhere that is over an hour away in the apocalypse.

Expect for Spencer, he was very detailed and said, “Well I would need some resources, so I would probably try to take over my apartment that has 6 individual rental properties inside. Then I would make sure I would have enough gas in the car and ammunition to defend myself and whoever I team up with.”

Personally, I believe that Spencer read the full question and answered it to his fullest being honest with himself about the potential circumstances of an apocalypse.

One thought on “Descriptive Writing

Getting on a boat isn’t a bad response. It sort of worked in Game of Thrones.

Good on the quoting part, but keep working on descriptive elements. How would you show “eager”? What does Spencer look like? Assuming he approached the question seriously, what does that look like? Sound like?