Zach Olsons Blog

Life during covid: With Tyler Strauss

September 27, 2021 · 1 Comment

Today I had a one on one with Tyler Strauss about what his life was like during covid, and asked him a series of question about that.

The first question I asked Tyler was, what was the hardest part of the pandemic for you? Tylers response was that the hardest thing was probably wearing the mask because he was never used to wearing a mask and then all of sudden had to wear a mask all the time wether it was during class, going to a store, etc etc.

Next question was turning the direction more towards school during covid. The question was, Did you find it more difficult to pay attention in classes while online instead of in person? He responded with ” I thought it was much harder to pay attention in online classes than in person classes, because with online you could have your cameras off in some classes and then I could always be on my phone because the professors couldn’t really know if you were or not.”

Then we panned over to the biggest worry about the pandemic and the biggest issues with sports. Tylers biggest worry was that the campus would turn to red and get shut down and having to move back home. When it came to the biggest issue with sports during covid Tylers response was “Bonding with the other players would be harder because you had to be more isolated and key guys would be out because of covid made it a lot more difficult for the team.”

The last question Tyler was asked was how many times did he have covid and how many times he had to quarantine? Tyler said that he never actually got covid which is a good thing and he only had to quarantine a couple of times but it was only for a couple of days.

Categories: Uncategorized

1 response so far ↓

•   fuglsang // Sep 28th 2021 at 9:17 pm

“Today I had a one on one with Tyler Strauss…” This might work for broadcast, or a podcast, (or a blog) but this story isn’t supposed to be about you.

You need to make some decisions and prioritize, Zach. Not every response was equally important. I doubt wearing a mask was “the hardest” part of COVID, so I might go with bonding as my lead:
    For freshman running back Tyler Strauss, COVID had its biggest effect on his ability to bond with his football teammates.

Then the quote.

Then his other issues, but in paragraphs with transitions.