Zach Olsons Blog

1 on 1: With Tyler Strauss

August 31, 2021 · No Comments

Today I had the pleasure to sit down with Tyler Strauss and ask him about his life. We will first start out with Tyler and his family. Tyler is the oldest of 8 siblings, but they aren’t full siblings they are all half siblings! At his home in Fort Calhoun Nebraska where he grew up, he had zero pets which is something I could never do, but he wants to have a dog or two when he gets older. He briefly spoke about what his mom does for a living, and what she does is she owns her own transportation business back in Nebraska. Tyler went to Fort Calhoun, but he said he basically grew up in Omaha Nebraska not Fort Calhoun which is about 10 minutes outside of Omaha.

The next thing we talked discussed during our time together was what he plays here at Morningside. Tyler does indeed play football at Morningside, and he is a sophomore wide receiver and played jv and varsity for the mustangs last year on a Morningside team that was undefeated last year until losing to Northwestern in the semifinals. I also asked Tyler what his favorite game he was apart of during last year, and he responded with ” I loved the first game of the year, which was the night game versus Northwestern. I thought the energy in the stadium and how close the game was closer during the whole game was awesome.” I also had to ask him what his favorite college football team, and his favorite team is that he is a big time Nebraska football fan. I must add he has never had a serious injury while playing football.

Now in the second half of the interview we talked a little bit about what his dreams and what he wants to do when he is older. First I asked him where his dream vacation spot that he can travel too when he’s older, and that spot would be the island of Fiji. Tyler goes on to explain that he wants to go there some day because he always loved going to the ocean and beaches when he was little. Then we would go on to talk about what his dream job would be. When he graduates college he wants to do something with his business administration major and a minor in marketing, and with that he wants to own his own business one day. Tyler also goes on and says that with his business he wants one day, he wants it to be in Omaha rather than Sioux City.

After talking with Tyler for awhile and getting to know him and a little bit more about him now. Tyler is a stand up guy and is a very funny and a smart young human, and I hope you all enjoy this piece.

Categories: Uncategorized