Scavenger Hunt

“Talking to strangers is one of the things people fear the most”. With this sentence, Ross sent us out and made us talk to strangers. Our goal was to acquire two specific items and to write about the experience we had while collecting them.

The first person I talked to was Dr. Jeffrey Zink, a professor in the Business department. When walking into the room and asking Dr. Zink if he had time for a short conversation he said yes right away. I proceeded with explaining Dr. Zink what my assignment was and asked him if he could provide me with an autographed Post-it note. Dr. Zink happily replied, telling me that he has different kinds of Post-it notes. He mentioned that some people might not find them appropriate for work. Dr. Zink then went on to search for them and while doing so he told me why people might not like them. He said that the notes have the letters ‘WTF’ written on top of them. After not finding any of the ‘inappropriate’ Post-its, Dr. Zink took a normal note and asked “should I write Hi Ross on it?”. I told him that I think it would be funny so he did that.

After receiving my Post-it note from Dr. Zink and thanking him for his time, I went on to look for a second person that I could talk to about their pet peeves. I went to the tech-service room and asked everybody in there if one of them would have some time to talk about their pet peeves. The guy who I think was the boss then pointed at one of the student workers and told me that he has just the right person for me to talk to. I introduced myself to her and then asked her for her name. Liberty Nordstrom, is a student worker at tech-services and seemed kind of confused at first. I then went on to ask Liberty about her pet peeve’s and she told me that she doesn’t like unorganized areas, or people talking while eating. I realized that those are things I also don’t necessarily like and told her that those were pretty good choices. Because I didn’t want to end the conversation so quickly, I also asked Liberty for her opinion on this assignment. She replied saying “I think that’s a good idea. Not many classes do that.”. I agreed with her and thanked her for her time.

Post-it note from Dr.Zink

One thought on “Scavenger Hunt

1. I would not have a problem with WTF. I also do well with FTW.

Liberty is in my CIC class. I may have to give them this assignment as well.