December 7, 2022

“The latest drone strike hits an air base 80 miles from the Ukrainian border.”

A drone attack struck near an air base in Russia on Tuesday only a day after Ukraine had used drones to hit two military bases inside the country.

I liked how the authors of this article used quotes for accurate sourcing. The authors used a retired Australian Army officer’s blogging platform for a quote. It said, “It is not, as some are sure to claim, an escalation. But it is a necessary political and military measure for Ukraine to limit the humanitarian harm of Russia’s brutal drone and missile attacks.”

I feel like this is a good quote to use because it has an outsider’s point of view but it’s also someone who has great knowledge in the field and isn’t spreading false information.

I think it would have been nice, if the information is given, to know what people who live near the bombing are doing to protect themselves. Are there any forms of protection? Do they need to evacuate the area? Etc.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/12/06/world/russia-ukraine-war-news

One Response to “News Comment #13”

1.   fuglsang said:

Getting the civilian’s thoughts would be good, Taryn, but since this is in Russia that’s probably not going to be available. It’s easier in Ukraine since western news media can work pretty freely.