PRNewsWire Article

December 1, 2022

The story I chose is “Ace Hardware Sees 33% Online Sales Increase for Cyber 5 Weekend in 2022”

The first audience members I think of would be stockholders for Ace Hardware. The stockholders would most likely want to see these numbers since they are investing in the company.

The main benefit to the reader would be gaining knowledge about future sales Ace Hardware may be having. With the boom in business from Black Friday, Ace Hardware might be more inclined to have more deals like this.

The company is gaining more exposure by releasing this press conference statement. It shows Ace Hardware has had great success with their products and will continue to do so. It also shows transparency and honesty to stockholders, which might make them want to invest even more into the company.

Most stories I have read for this class don’t usually talk about great success companies have had. They usually are about something plummeting whether it’s in the numbers or otherwise.

One Response to “PRNewsWire Article”

1.   fuglsang said:

There is some “news” in the lead, but there is also a lot of unnecessary crap. Not likely to be picked up as a story, but it could lead to articles on the successes and failures of Black Friday.