Stuart Scott, an ESPN anchor, moved the crowd at the ESPY’s last night with his insightful speech on living life to its fullest extent.

Stuart Scott was awarded the Jimmy V Award at the ESPY’s in honor of his perseverance and determination in his battle with cancer.

The award itself was presented to Scott by Jack Bauer, and Scott was more than honored to receive this award from him.

In Scott’s touching speech, he speaks on his current battle with cancer. Scott told the crowd, “When you die, that does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live and in the manner in which you live.”

These powerful sentences left the crowd applauding in his name. Scott mentioned how he was hospitalized this past week as well.

“As of Sunday, I didn’t even know if I’d make it here. I couldn’t fight. But doctors and nurses could. The people that I love and my friends and family – they could fight.” In Scott’s speech, he says how he couldn’t fight this battle without his support system by his side.

He has an overwhelming amount of love in his corner, and he is beyond grateful for it.

To conclude his speech, he speaks on his daughters and how thankful he is for them. Scott said, “But Taelor and Sydni, I love you guys more than I will ever be able to express. You two are my heartbeat. I am standing on this stage here tonight because of you.”

His speech is concluded with one of his daughters, Sydni, coming on the stage to give her father a hug. This act of love moved the crowd greatly and was the cherry on top of a beautiful speech.

Stuart Scott is a humble, deserving man who has made an impact on many people. This speech and the crowd’s reaction shows this much to be true.

One Response to “Stuart Scott – Speech Story”

1.   fuglsang said:

Cut the last graf. Your opinion. Just let the reader decide.

Otherwise well done and well organized.

I will point out, though, that Jack Bauer is a character from a TV show. He was played by Kiefer Sutherland (who presented the award).