Fourth of July in September

September 1, 2011 | | Comments Off on Fourth of July in September

Assuming the ice cream cup was just a treat, I opened it quickly and starting eating it- before instructed. First, I smelt it, because the coloring of the brown seemed unknown to me. It couldn’t possibly be chocolate! After getting my nose up close and personal with the cup of half brown and half white ice cream, it was to my surprise that it smelt like root beer. Root beer floats remind me of the Fourth of July, and that is just what the weather outside today feels like as well. Scorching hot, humid, and so sunny it strains your eyes.

Usually I do not like my food mixing, but in this case I took a spoonful of ice cream right down the middle- enabling me to taste both the smooth and creamy vanilla ice cream, and the icier brown root beer flavored slush. It tasted cold on my tongue and left a creamy root beer flavor in my mouth. My favorite part of root beer floats is when the root beer ices over onto the ice cream forming a crust, kind of like a snow ball that has started to melt and refroze again.

One thing that always grosses me out is the sticky gooey substance on the top of the lid that encloses the little ice cream cups. Although I dislike it, I looked over at my lid sitting upside down on the table and noticed that I licked the top of it…I do not know why I did this!!!

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind