My Convo With Karen

October 4, 2010

My assignment from Ross was to search for a 50 state quarter and trade for it with a regular quarter that I had.

My scavenger hunt started out in the library in front of the cafe.  I asked the ladies working there if either of them had a state quarter. They did not.  They suggested that I instead go and ask Karen Johnson if she had a quarter to trade me.

Went i first walked into Karen’s office she was sitting down on a chair behind her desk. She was listening to music and doing some work on her computer. I introduced myself and said that I am working on a project for journalism class.  She looked warm and inviting as I first began to talk to her.  She found a quarter in her drawer full of change and we traded.

I then sat down in the chair in front of her desk and began to talk with her a little bit.  We talked about how I was a junior transfer from Florida and I explained to her how I found out about Morningside.  I also said that I am a mass comm major and that journalism is a class that I am taking to get toward my degree.  Karen found it interesting that I was from Florida and she told me that the weather is going to be getting a lot colder.

I thanked her for helping me with my assignment and left.

Quote- “Let me turn down this Bare naked Ladies.”

One Response to “My Convo With Karen”

1.   crstaff said:

I’m curious how you would describe warm and inviting. I’m glad you had a nice convo.