Unlikely Disciple

After finishing the book, Unlikely Disciple, and having class discussion about it the last two class periods, I have come to the understanding of how pilgrimage has fit into this book.  At first when we started talking about the two models, I thought I had a pretty good understanding of what each meant.  Now after we associated Unlikely Disciple with the models, it has made it more clear how someone sees what makes the models up.

I think Unlikely Disciple is a lot like the Turner model because Kevin Roose completes a pilgrimage and he goes through the cycle while doing it.  His life was changed by completing the pilgrimage at Liberty just like Turner’s model suggests.

Overall, this book was very interesting and I would recommend anyone to read it.  It opens your eyes on what’s out there and how other colleges are different.  Here in the midwest, we are our own little society all in itself, so to see what other parts of the United States are taught and what their beliefs are is very interesting.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.