Interesting Fact

Yesterday in class I really liked learning about the center of the universe and the axis mundi.  When putting people’s beliefs into terms like that, for me it is a much easier understand and I can picture what the author is talking about more.  I found it interesting, especially in the drawings of where the world was in comparison to the heavens and the underworld.  I really liked the drawing one of the groups did of the heaven with the ladder to the earth and then another ladder connecting the earth to the underworld.  It was a good diagram for me to put into perspective where the world sat compared to the heavens and hell.

I liked when we were talking about axis mundi, how we made comparisons to how we have axis mundis in our homes.  Like a fire place or dining room.

Overall yesterday made it easier for me to understand the concepts behind the readings.  It was all very interesting to see how another person viewed religion.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Interesting Fact

1. Jack says:

Dear Paige,
    I enjoy sitting next to you everyday in class, but besides that I know what you are talking about how the things we did in class helped you understand what the reading was all about.
    Sincerely,
    Jack Danks