Judaism

Tuesday in class we started talking about Judaism.  Many of us knew nothing about Judaism so we started from the basics.  I liked being able to learn all the basics and not have known any knowledge about it before.  Looking back to class on Tuesday, I feel like I gained a lot of knowledge.  I learned Judaism has four main parts to the religion which are it’s a monotheistic religion, it’s a textual religion, it’s a religion of the land and it’s a ritual-orientated religion.  In the ritual-orientated part, one of the most things that I found most interesting was learning about the Kosher food.  Which was not being able to mix milk and meat products and other foods that were forbidden.

Today in class we talked about different holidays that are on the Jewish calendar.  Today actually happens to be the Jewish New Year, which is called Rosh Hashanna! The other Jewish holidays are Yom Kippur, Sukkoth, Hanukah, Passover, and Shavo’oth.

To me learning about Judaism is very interesting because it’s nothing I knew about and I like learning new things about different types of people and what their beliefs are.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Judaism

1. Amber says:

I also did not have a lot of knowledge coming into the Judaism. I think that was kind of an advantage to not known much so that I wouldn’t have a bias opinion toward the Judaism religion. The Kosher food was interesting to me too, but I figured that it would be almost the same in our religion and would probably be a surprise to someone of the Judaism culture to learn about our culture.