First Draft: Story #3 Broadcast

November 7, 2019 | | Comments Off on First Draft: Story #3 Broadcast

Alex Morgan plans on playing in the 2020 Olympics.

Morgan is expecting her first child in April and Tokyo games start just 3 months later. 

She had a tremendous impact on the US women’s national team in the recent years by scoring over a hundred goals during her career.

“It’s my goal to play there… It’s clearly a short window but if I’m able to, I want to be there representing my country”, Morgan said.

Morningside college women’s soccer player Kenzie Homan said, “It would be great see Alex Morgan at the Olympics but I’m not sure if she’ll be at her full potential only three months after pregnancy”.

Northeastern Iowa man has been sentenced to 7 days in jail.

42-year-old Jason O’Neil Johnson was found guilty for torturing a family dog. In May 2019, he was seen holding down the dog named daisy and beating her with a belt and closed fists.

Johnson’s son recorded the beating and made his children watch the video.

At court, all he was sentenced to thirty days but all but seven of those got suspended. 

Amou Mumm, Morningside Student and dog owner says, “That’s just unbelievable. I think the sentence should be higher and he should visit a mental institution, so this won’t happen again. It just looks like he got away with it easily”

McDonalds CEO fired after affair with employee.

Stephen Easterbrook received an exit package of around $42 million for getting laid off. 

He violated the company policy by having a relationship with an employee.

The amount he received, brought up new discussions about the payment gap between workers. Cornell law school professor said, “Wow, he is walking away with a lot of money… 1% gets a lot more money than the rest of the workers in this economy.”

Comments

Name

Email

Website

Speak your mind