Located at Morningside College

Mavericks’ Luka Doncic posts 35 point triple double in 25 minutes​

Image result for luka doncic 35 point triple double
via https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28126914/mavericks-luka-doncic-posts-35-point-triple-double-25-minutes

Last night the rising Dallas Mavericks faced the injury-ridden Golden State Warriors. Luka Doncic leads the Mavericks to the win in an impressive outing. In only 25 minutes and 30 seconds of playing time, the young star accumulated an impressive stat line.

Luka Doncic made NBA history to accomplish a 30 point triple-double in the least amount of time. A triple-double is when a player has more than 10 points, rebounds, assists, steals, or blocks during a single game.

Last Monday playing a game against the San Antonio Spurs, Doncic had a 42 point triple double in the win. He joined Lebron James as the only player to score 40 points in a triple double before their 21st birthday.

In fact, in the first quarter alone Luka Doncic had more points, rebounds, and assists than the entire Golden State team. Doncic, when asked about his performance on Wednesday, said this “I’m glad we’re winning games. That’s all.” The Mavericks will play the Cleveland Cavaliers this Friday.

Overall I thought the article was well written. It shows a video of all of his highlights. One thing I wish was talked about more was his rise to stardom. He started playing when he was teenager in the professional leagues over in Europe.

2 Comments

1. Matthew

I would focus that he is a rising star from Europe. He has tremendous potential.

You could almost look at this article, even though it’s mostly stats, as a profile. What’s the frame? Something like “phenom” or “young rising star.” With a little bit of “humble foreigner.”

If you were doing that frame, what might you include?