Journalist Jadyn

Trend Story

April 16, 2021 · No Comments

Alright ladies, summer is coming up faster than we expected and there is a lot we need to catch up on for the upcoming season. So, rumor has it that Megan Thee Stallion is in a relationship with Pardison Fontaine. Now this may not sound like a huge deal, but if you are looking forward to a  Hot Girl Summer, then you know that the founder has officially fallen. 

What is a Hot Girl Summer you ask?  According to urbandictionary.com it means, “A Hot girl summer is the summer where girls take over and express their inner hoe. Hot girls no longer care for the male gender and are no longer living by social constructs. The hot girl gang sign is made by twerking.”

Though there is no set definition, Hot Girl Summer has been a trend since last summer. Just recently social media is blowing up over Megan getting into a relationship. Does this mean that Hot Girl Summer is cancelled? How can you have a Hot Girl Summer if the woman who started it all is committed to a man?

According to Vox,  Megan said in an interview, “It’s just basically about women — and men — just being unapologetically them, just having a good-ass time, hyping up your friends, doing you, not giving a damn about what nobody got to say about it. You definitely have to be a person that can be the life of the party, and, y’know, just a bad bitch.”

Meg Thee Stallion Fan, Chloe Pieper says, “This summer is going to be all about the girls even though it won’t be quite the same without Megan. I’m just going to be focusing on myself and making sure I look good.”

In response to all of her fans, Megan tweeted, “Hot Girl Summer… but my man picking me up after.” So ladies whether you will be participating in Hot Girl Summer starting in May or not, Megan isn’t  letting the tradition die. Go and live your best life!

Categories: Uncategorized