Oct 04 2022

Profile Image of Jacob

Pastor Andy Interview

Posted at 12:43 pm under News

Pastor Andy Nelson, the on campus Chaplin for Morningside University, shared his insight with us about being a pastor. 

Wade asked, “what do you do for the school?” he responded with, “ I tend to the spiritual life of the morningside community”. Pastor Andy is very involved in the school and the outside walls he works within. Working with churches as a Christian/ Lutheran pastor. 

On campus, he has an open door policy where students can come in and talk about life, problems, or their faith. 

He was asked, “How did you end up at Morningside?”. “I was doing a year-long internship and was a pastor for USD. My wife works at Morningside and when the position opened up I applied.” 

He thinks that since his wife was already at Morningside, he was able to have a better chance of getting in. 

Outside of the ministry work he does in the community, Pastor Andy likes to go deer hunting with his dad and tend to his family. He has 4 children and loves them all very much.

Currently he is focused on helping his kids grow up in the best way possible. They are involved with school activities such as band, choir, and soccer. 

When he was a junior, he enrolled in the National Guard. He wanted to make an impact somehow. This comes after the question of, “Did you always want to be a pastor?’’. 

After he enrolled in the National Guard, he realized he like helping people and went back to the minister and finished out his devotion. Later becoming a pastor.

The forefront of his story revolves around helping people. He doesn’t always feel like he is making an impact on the world but there are those moments where he truly feels special. “Do you feel like you make an impact everyday?”, Jax asked. “There are days where I don’t feel like I’m doing anything. But then there are days where I help just one person and it makes everything worth it.”, Pastor Andy. 

No responses yet

Comments RSS