Jaxon Neubert- Profile Final

Chris Weins is a very hardworking, selfless, and all-around good dude. Chris has overcome a lot of obstacles in his life and many of which just to get to Morningside university and play baseball. “My time in high school yes it was fun but it wasn’t driven on getting to college. And the coach was not very good there that I had to work really hard by myself in order to get to where I am” Chris and I went to the same high school and played baseball for the same high school and the coach there really did not care about the players, he really only cared about how well the field was managed. Chris worked very hard to get to play college baseball and he would go to the field pretty much every weekend just to hit and take grounders and collect film to send to college coaches. “ Well I have never missed a practice or even a game in my entire high school career, so when I took my visit to Morningside I had to miss two practices and the coach actually ended up sitting me for two games and one of which being my last high school game which was our senior night, so that just flipped a switch in me where I was like OK time to work” 

I held a one-on-one interview with Soma Tsutsimi about how Chris Weins is as a character and Soma had a lot of very good things to say about Chris. Soma stated that Chris was one of the most hardworking dudes he has ever met and he is always there for him no matter what. “Chris go to the gym pretty much every day, heck he goes more than anybody that I’ve ever seen and even before the gym he goes and he hits prior. I one time had to call Chris at 3:00 AM to come help me with a tire and sure enough Chris was there in about 5 minutes he is someone that I will always rely on” Chris is a shortstop and a 2nd baseman for Morningside University and has been the same position all of his life. “Baseball has always been my happy place and my escape from the world wether I was upset, sad or even just needed some way to escape from reality. If I’m ever feeling down or anything I hit the cages” Baseball brings so much joy to Weins and yes, it is just a sport but to Chris it is more of a way of life and something he can proud of and something he can tell people he’s doing at the elite level.

I talked to Steve Neubert about Weins and again he has very good things to say about him. I think Chris might just be a very good dude and everyone sees it for there self. “Chris has always been my favorite friend of Jax and ever since I met him in their freshman year of high-school I just knew he was a good dude just based off of his demeanor and his outgoing personality.”

Yes Chris has dealt with challenges and a lot of forks in the road to get over in order to make it to play college ball but he did not let that change his outlook on life nor did he let it affect his demeanor and his morals. Chris wines is a very hard working, selfless, and all around good dude and though he has had to overcome a lot of challenges he has always been my best friend and my brother.