Sexism

This article talks about sexism in the 2008 presidential election. Sarah Palin and Hilary Clinton both ran for president but neither got the bid for nomination. In my opinion it doesn’t matter if they were men or women because I wouldn’t want either to be president. But this isn’t about politics its about sexism. In that election, I don’t think either of them wanted it to turn into a sexism debate. I think they went in with the right intentions but the media turned it into a sexism battle. When the media attacked some of the male candidates stances on issues they attacked the fact that Palin went and spent tons of money on clothing. They also attacked the fact that her children weren’t “ideal” children and blamed it on Palin’s lack of ability to raise a child. Clinton took that and ran, saying that because she was able to raise her kids and because of that would be able to run a country. The media took over that and portrayed her as the “mother.” In both cases, neither of them wanted the attention for it, but both got it because they were women. I believe this was dumb, sometimes women look for attention for being a women, but most of the time its thrust on them without them wanting it.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.