Did someone say free tuition?

September 18, 2019

New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham has just announced a plan to eliminate all tuition costs at any college in New Mexico. This would be available at any of the state’s 29 public college, and wouldn’t just be available to students of low income families. The only requirement to be eligible is that you have to live in the state of New Mexico. The way this will be possible is by taking money from some of the oil rigging profits that are in New Mexico. Eliminating the tuition would cost around 25-35 million dollars every year, but Michelle Lujan Grisham says it will be worth it in the long run and will help promote the state of New Mexico which has one of the lowest average family income in the U.S.

I chose to read this article because it really caught my eye and this is a big topic in politics today. On thing that sticks out to me about this article is its presentation of facts. It uses a lot of numbers and facts that makes it very easy to read and understand. I also think it is a very good article for this website because this website writes to the college aged audience and obviously every college student would love free college. Another thing I think this article does a good job of is talking about some of the other states that are wanting to do this as well.

https://www.mic.com/p/new-mexicos-free-college-tuition-plan-is-a-blueprint-for-the-future-18785209