Notorious BIG

Who is Biggie Smalls?

Biggie Smalls real name Christopher George Latore Wallace was born May 21, 1972. His hometown was Brooklyn, New York. Both of his parents came from the Caribbean island of Jamaica. His mom was a preschool teacher and his dad was a welder and local politician. His mom worked two jobs to send Christopher to a private school but wasn’t motivated and transferred to Westinghouse Career and Technical Education. However, he finally dropped out of school at the age of 17. After dropping out Christopher Wallace started selling cocaine on the block and street battling against hometown rappers. Then, he got locked up and began taking writing raps seriously and recorded a bunch of demos. His tape was soon found by source magazine and got the attention of Sean Combs who was a producer who worked for uptown records. After creating his records he started to blow up living his best life and creating a beef between him and west coast rappers.

Sadly, Biggie did not live long enough to see the peace he wished for. He himself was murdered in the early hours of March 9, 1997. It happened shortly after he left a Vibe magazine party at the Peterson Automotive Museum in Los Angeles. As Biggie’s SUV — in which he was riding with a bodyguard and Lil’ Cease — waited at a red light, a vehicle pulled up alongside it, and a gunman opened fire. His bodyguard rushed Biggie to the hospital, but it was already too late. The death of Biggie and Tupac stopped the East coast/ West Coast rap fued.

Biggie is one of my favorite rappers and I have always like his music due to my dad turning me on to him.

One thought on “Notorious BIG

1. No link to the story, so I don’t know if there was a frame.
    Did the writer focus on a specific piece of the Biggie story?