My spring break was great. I got my first ever car and also passed my driver’s license on the first try. I was very excited to see my little brother and the rest of my family and friends. I had a great time visiting with friends and family at home in Kansas City, but I think the week went by a little too fast for me. Being able to go home made me feel refreshed and also excited for the last 7 and a half weeks of the semester. Hopefully they’ll fly by as fast as spring break did!

I didn’t necessarily have any set plans before spring break, other than to go home to Kansas City. My main goals were to get a driver’s license and get as much driving experience as possible, and I feel like I accomplished that. For the most part, I was just excited to get to go home again and hang out with friends and family and not have to worry about work, school, or homework interrupting that time.

The highlights of my break were getting my driver’s license, getting to drive my car for the first time, getting to take my little brother to one of his preschool events, and also going to the mall with my siblings and grandma. One of the least fun things that I did while on break was ride in the car for almost 5 hours to and from Sioux City.

If I could travel back in time to the days right before break, I would tell myself not to stress so much over the driving test. Instead, I would try to focus on spending quality time with my loved ones and also just spending some down time as I please. In the end, I got my driver’s license, so all the added stress and worry about what would happen if I failed wasn’t really necessary.

To have a rejuvenating college spring break, I suggest spending as little time worrying as possible and a lot of quality time with friends and family.