Hardworking runs in the family

Ethan Alfers has only been known to work hard throughout his whole life. It is one thing the man prides himself on. Alfers came from a home where his dad taught him the only way in life to get anywhere is through hard work. Ethan applied it to everything, especially his athletics.

Alfers has brought this way of life to the basketball court. After he did not see the court much last basketball season, he worked hard this last spring and summer on his jumper and body and saw much improvement. This all paid off for him when the Morningside Men’s JV basketball team was losing to Dakota Wesleyan. The team needed a spark off the bench, and Alfers delivered.

He scored 10 points in a 5-minute stint, helping them come back to win the game. Alfers said this about his performance, ” I have to thank my dad, he always ingrained in me that hard work always pays off, and it paid off this game.”

1. fuglsang says

If this is for your profile, this could be a decent beginning to the story, Justin, but it’s not so much an anecdote. Those minutes he was in the game and made a difference could be an anecdote. Get him to comment on what he was thinking in the moment. The final quote is good also.