Makeup For Blaine Interview Day

I interviewed Coach Steve Ryan, the head coach of the Morningside football team before their big game against their GPAC rival Northwestern. Coach Ryan is a veteran when it comes to radio interviews, he reminds me of a lot of professional coaches with how he doesn’t say too much, and gives long generic answers.

Coach Ryan went on to talk about what some of the keys were for beating Northwestern. “We need to stop Kalgonis and Ettleman and we will be just fine on defense. On offense we need to work away from the defensive linemen as they have two former All-Americans on their line. If we run to the outside and pass the ball we will be effective on offense.”

Coach Ryan also went on to talk about what it would be like to win another GPAC championship. “Of course we want to win to a GPAC championship, but that is only one stop on the way of the overall goal. It’s a goal that is necessary to achieve and we look forward to the opportunity to play for it again.”

Coach Ryan is a pretty straightforward man. He thanked me for the interview and showed no emotion during the interview at all. When it concluded Coach Ryan went back to doing what he was doing before like he never stopped.