Mall Stories

Tragedy struck the Mega City Mall Tuesday morning at 9:50 AM earlier today as a explosion happened in the food court taking two peoples lives and injuring less then 100 according to a police report by Captain Fuglsang.

“A fairly large section of the food court was affected by the explosion, and some of the IKEA next to the food court was also damaged,” Fuglsang went on to say.

Both people that were killed were announced dead on the spot by a fire fighter that came to the scene of the crime when the mall was evacuated.

“I was drinking alcohol in the food court when the explosion happened, I immediately grabbed my grandchildren and left,” said mall walker Wesley Brown.

No reports of gas have been reported. Captain Fuglsang also went on to say that they cannot comment on whether this is an attack of terrorism, but Homeland Security has been contacted.

A video was acquired and is being studied by Homeland Security.

One positive came out of the situation. A young, twelve year old girl Jaclyn Arens said “I just wanted to find my dad. And I’m glad I did.” An off-duty officer Jade Nelson helped unit the young girl with her dad Riley.

The Metro City Mall will be closed at least throughout the weekend

There was an explosion at the Metro City mall that killed two people. The mall was evacuated and Homeland Security is studying the mall security cameras to see if this is an act of terrorism. Less then 100 injuries were reported in a police report by Captain Fuglsang. The mall will be closed at least through the weekend.

One thought on “Mall Stories

Story One: Too much in the lead. Just the necessities. The rest in a second and third graf. Prefer strong, active verbs. Good organization.

Story Two: Too brief. Weak verbs.

Keep focused on improving your writing, Hunter.