The article I read for this week’s news comment was mostly about the Houston Cougars football team and a little bit about the BYU football team. It talks about how they both go center stage this Saturday for opening weekend of college football. Both teams go out of their comfort zones and play bigger teams then normal to send a message early in the season to conferences they would want to join in the future, such as the Big 12, and to the college football playoff committee. My opinion on this is that it is super good for them. Last year when Houston was undefeated late in the year, they were disrespected week in and week out by the college football playoff committee because of their strength of schedule. So going out the first weekend in a neutral sight, and playing the number 3 ranked team in the Oklahoma Sooners is a really bold statement. So overall I thought this article was a good read because I have always been a firm believer in mid-major conference teams going out of their way to try and make a run at a national championship.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17433094/big-12-hopefuls-byu-houston-cougars-sees-tough-schedule-opportunity