Deepening Roots Feature

I chose the Deepening Roots feature that is about the new Rosen Ag Center. Personally, I would consider this news. The Rosen Ag Center constructed in 2021 and recently finished up so I believe that not too much people knew a lot about it. The feature offers background information and facts about the Greenhouse that people otherwise may not have known about it. Potential audiences for this information is college students for the most part. The main people who will be on the Morningside website are people who are associated with Morningside somehow whether that is a student or faculty/staff. I think another audience could be anyone who is interested in agriculture. The program that helped set up the Greenhouse has been around for 7 years and this is the newest accomplishment for them, so outside of the classroom if you’re interested in agriculture I think the audience could be you as well. The purpose of the story is to inform the reader of the Ag Center, provide background and a better understanding of what the center is and what it offers. By reading this the reader will gain a further understanding of the Ag Center, how it came about, and what it features. Morningside could potentially gain new agriculture majors or students who want to come to Morningside for agriculture if a potential student were to read about it and be interested in it because of all that the major offers.

One thought on “Deepening Roots Feature”

1. It’s been “open” for about two years, I think, but there will be some who don’t know. Ag has grown quickly as a program. This covers it well, Dayne.