News Comment #5

‘At 91, Jack Ramblin’ Jack Elliott Wants to Tell You a Story’

When it comes to this article I feel like the lead could have been better because the story behind Elliott is pretty interesting but the lead doesn’t spark enough interest. When it comes to news values I would say Impact is a major one that it touches. Elliott has such a great impact in the areas he excelled in that there is still a push for him to be remembered and glorified for in the New York Times today. I will say that the article still isn’t very capturing although it’s telling readers about big parts of Elliott’s life and some accomplishments of his. The quotes are not directly from the source (Elliott) but from secondary sources so they aren’t completely dismissible, but it would have been nice to have some quotes from him. Although none of the quotes came directly from the source I would say that the writer talked to the right sources as most of them were from people who actually were mentioning a time they remembered having with him and opposed to just onlookers or opinion based quotes.

One thought on “News Comment #5”

1. It’s a different sort of story than what you are doing, Dayne. It requires a different organization. I would agree, though, that the lead could have been better.