Oct 03 2018

Profile Image of Daniel

News Comment #7 – Planning to Vote in the November Election? Why Most Americans Probably Won’t

Posted at 7:39 pm under Uncategorized

This article was very well written in the fact that the lead was very good using a story to bring me into the article. Using a story like that to draw you in to a more statistical story like this is a great idea. It made me want to keep reading even though I knew it would not be the most intriguing read from the beginning.

One of the main news values that came to mind from this story was the news value of relevance. With the approaching mid-term elections it is very timely to talk about voter turnout. Especially with how important these elections are for potentially the next decade or so of politics. This story really emphasizes the news value of relevance.

Another news value this story uses is the news value of conflict. There is conflict in this story because of the conflict between voters and coming out to elections. The conflict mentioned at the beginning with Lula is that she doesn’t find it right to vote for politicians that seem to do nothing for their constituents. This is where the conflict I think for many people lie is the conflict of voting for people who, regardless of party, don’t seem to do anything for their constituents. This shows a big conflict in this story.

No responses yet

Comments RSS