Liquid Nitrogen Cocktail: A Dangerous Drink

When most people think of going to the bar for a few drinks they usually don’t think of anything too fancy. Well the Liquid Nitrogen Cocktail is a pretty fancy drink and pretty dangerous as well. The liquid nitrogen is poured on the drink to give it a steaming effect and is safe to drink when the effect has ended. Unfortunalty for Gaby Scanlon she did not wait and suffered the concequence. She had the drink for her 18th birthday and ended up in the hospital that same day where they had to remove her stomach. Watch the video here.

Drinking is dangerous on its own. Adding all the extra effects that could cause even more damage is a little stupid if you ask me. I think the article covers the story well and I wouldn’t have changed the way it was written. I do want to know if there will be any charges against the bar. The question is, Who is to blame?

One thought on “Liquid Nitrogen Cocktail: A Dangerous Drink

1. The story seems to stress the fact the drink was “correctly prepared,” and you note that she didn’t wait until the nitrogen had warmed to the point it was safe. Another example of people looking for thrills.