Everybody Should Know Jescy Rodriguez!

Imagine you stumble upon a young, 6’0” tall man who is consumed in a game of Magic and is decked out in what appears to be a soccer uniform. Congratulations, you have just set eyes on Jescy Carlos Rodriguez. He was born in Jersey City, NJ but was raised in Kearny, NJ where he graduated from Kearny High School. Rodriguez made his way 1298 miles to Morningside College where he is now a senior waiting to graduate.

When asked what he wanted to do after he graduates College he stated, “I have no clue. I just want to be happy.”  This is a goal that most people overlook in the scheme of things. Rodriguez is the type of person that has a pretty relaxed attitude about him, though he is not afraid to speak his mind.

He explained, “I don’t care what people think of me, if they choose to remember me fondly it is because I respect them enough to show respect back.”

Rodriguez often spends his spare time playing soccer at the College and partaking in “nerdy” hobbies such as playing Magic and reading comics. He also stated the he enjoys cooking.

Despite the fact that he is so far away from home and currently living off campus, Rodrigues confidently proclaimed, “I am happy where I am today opposed to where I could have been had I not gone to college”.

If you would like to get to know more about Jescy Carlos Rodriguez take a look at his blog!

http://wordpress.morningside.edu/jcr004/