Starry Eyed Surprise

“We’re all damaged in our own way. Nobody’s perfect. I think we are all somewhat screwy, every single one of us.” -Johnny Depp

blogging for class

Filed under: Uncategorized — Taylor at 8:11 pm on Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Writing for me has always been a way to cope with my emotions, I do really well not starting with a topic and just writing. This makes me a pretty good creative writer, but in turn I’m not so good at writing in a scholarly way. Being someone who likes to write, blogs are a great thing for me. It’s a way for me to put out there what I feel for people who don’t know me in any way to see, that way the people I really care about can’t judge me. Blogs are a great thing.

Blogging for class is a whole other story. To be honest I really don’t mind it when I can make up a topic for myself, but when I am handed a topic that I don’t know so much about or that I don’t really care about it is hard to go on talking about it. My writing style suffers when I’m just not into what I’m writing. The way I am making this sound is that I really don’t like blogging for class, but in certain situations I do. In my Topics in Mass Comm: Social Media class we blog about how we feel about something in the media; it’s kind of like an extension of what we talked about in class. It makes it easier for me to give my opinions in writing than actually speaking them. I know I may seem like one of those people who isn’t afraid to say anything, but I really worry about the way people will judge me on what I have to say. Writing in a blog makes me worry less about what people will think, I have no idea why, but it does.

I like having discussions with people on topics via blogs because I don’t have to come back with an answer right away like I would in a face to face conversation. If I disagree with something that they say then I can take a while and get my facts straight before I comment back. A lot of people talk without thinking, even when their opinion is wrong they just keep going and I do not want to be that person. If you are going to have an opinion that is going to open a disagreement, get your facts straight so you don’t look like an idiot.

I don’t know if our blogs should be public, I guess I really don’t have much of an opinion about that. I have a blog that I just free write on and that is public and it doesn’t bother me so I am neutral about it.

Kindle Fire HD Christmas Deals 2012

December 11, 2012 @ 6:45 pm

Speed adult dating provides you with a level smaller time that will get that promotion. As an alternative internet dating strategy, it may be a lot of fun. A person sit reverse of somebody in addition to each of you own a few momemts to tell the other regarding oneself. When the bell much more everyone switch about the next kitchen table, start out during sq . one and also duplicate.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.