Indigo Palette

Indigo Palette – Website including menu

Today we ate at Indigo Palette. Indigo Palette is an establishment that offers several perks including quality food, art, and music. To be honest, I have never heard of Indigo Palette before this review, so this will be my first impression. Indigo Palette is located on lower fourth amongst the other common bars. It is easily overlooked, although it would be a mistake to ignore this bar. Approaching this place didn’t bring much to mind. It just looked like your average bar with your average amenities. This couldn’t be further from the truth. This became clear as soon as I entered the door.

Indigo Palette was incredibly interesting. The walls were decorated with impressive paintings and photographs that were created by local artists. They ranged from a cheap postcard to a thousand dollar beautiful masterpiece. My only problem with this ambience is that the art was well out of my price range.  They also sold small pieces of jewelry and other small mementos that, although small, were impressive displays of artistry.

The menu was very economical. They had a myriad of varied offerings that all ranged around ten dollars. There were sandwiches and pastas alike. I opted for a stuffed burger with hand cut fries. I ordered a hamburger stuffed with sharp cheddar and pepper jack. This is not what I received. I chalk this up to miscommunication and I don’t fault the restaurant in any way. I ended up with a hamburger stuffed with feta cheese and mushrooms. Luckily, I love both of these ingredients. Otherwise, I would have shut this place down! Not really. The hamburger was well done but that did not forfeit the flavor. The burger maintained a wealth of flavors including a rich fattiness and a cutting feta flavor. There was no mistaking that this burger had more to offer than your average sandwich. The fries were equally as awesome. They were hand cut and cooked in an oil that tasted as extremely fresh. I do admit that I dipped them in ketchup, but in their defense I dip most everything in a sauce.

Looking back at Indio Palette I am left with a very simple and positive opinion. Indigo Palette is a source of local culture. They provide opportunities to feed your family and feed including a rich fattiness and a cutting feta flavor. There was no mistaking that this burger had more to offer than your average sandwich. The fries were equally as awesome. They were hand cut and cooked in an oil that tasted as extremely fresh. I do admit that I dipped them in ketchup, but in their defense I dip most everything in a sauce.

Looking back at Indio Palette I am left with a very simple and positive opinion. Indigo Palette is a source of local culture. They provide opportunities for a family meal or a quick drink while enjoying some art. Expect to spend around 10 dollars for lunch here. Expect to spend more on the art, but in my opinion it’s worth it.

IMG_20130528_111004_253 IMG_20130528_114856_009