Article #3

In tonight’s news, I will be going over three events that have occurred recently throughout the entire nation. Each of these stories affect people in different ways. Later on you will here from three Morningside students on their thoughts of each of these events.

For the first time since the players’ strike of 1994-1995, the MLB will be going through a lockout. Now you may wonder what a lockout exactly is or what it is going to mean for the MLB. A lockout means a couple of different things. The free agency process will be frozen which could end meaning that big time players and many others could not get signed for the upcoming season or the players strike which leads to the halt of all operations in the MLB.  With me is Elijah Rude. What are your thoughts on the current lockout in the MLB? [Elijah Rude begins speaking]

In other news, “a CNN reporter, John Griffin, was charged last Friday by a grand jury in Vermont with three counts of using a facility of interstate commerce to attempt to entice minors to engage in unlawful sexual activity” (Wulfsohn, 2021). With me is Morningside University student Josh Pratt. What are your thoughts on the John Griffin case and how it relates to the Sioux City area? [Josh Pratt begins speaking]

The last bit of news I have for you all pertains the recent school shooting that happened at a high school on Oxford, Michigan. After the shooting had come to a halt, there were three students dead and eight others wounded, seven students and one teacher. “Three students are in stable condition and the teacher who was shot has been discharged” (Vera, 2021). With me is Aiden Bishop. What are your thoughts on school shootings and how they could affect the Siouxland area? [Aiden Bishop begins speaking]

You have heard about three different stories. The first being about the lockout in the MLB which could have a lot of downside to it with operations being suspended and then also players who are stuck in free agency not getting signed. You also heard about a CNN reported who was arrested for unlawful sexual activity with minors and how that could affect our area with a quote from Josh Pratt. Lastly, you heard about the Oxford, Michigan school shooting and how they can happen virtually anywhere. Goodnight.