Honor’s Blog 8: Hitchhikers

This weeks topic was about hitchhikers. Hitchhiking is not something that you see very often anymore. Many people say it is unsafe and crazy to take that risk of getting in someones car that you have no idea who they are. I agree. I would never put myself in a situation where I was getting in a car with total strangers.

Most people I think would agree with the statement that it is not safe, but some people still take the risk. There are not that many cases of violence with hitchhiking these days but I believe it is because the few numbers of people actually standing on the side of the road holding their hand out waiting to get a ride to anywhere.

In the article he uses a story about a women who was kidnapped while hitchhiking to try and show this is what scared people from hitchhiking. I don’t think that this is what caused the decline in hitchhiking, I believe that it is because the ease of using public transportation. Virtually everyone is able to get around one way or another with out hitchhiking these days.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.