Honor’s Blog 5: Vonnegut

This week we read Kurt Vonnegut Jr’s earliest speech and latest speech he wrote. When I started reading the speeches I thought it made no sense. The speeches kept switching points and ideas without any warning. It’s as if he didn’t care that the people that would be hearing his speech could follow or make sense of the order of his speech. Many of the ideas that he switches back and forth from are of serious matter, while others seemed to just be put in the speech randomly as if he had just written what he was thinking about at the time.

Although his speeches had a weird and nonsense order to them, some of his points were still valid. He talks about the fact that these days, people are very selfish and don’t help out each other as much as we should. I agree with that 100 percent. Everyone today wants what is best for himself or herself and don’t always think about how it will effect other people. We need to try and think of others while still trying to do what is best for ourselves. We need to help each other out as much as we help ourselves out.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Honor’s Blog 5: Vonnegut

1. Brooke Nerud says:

I agree that it was a little out of order and he had some random points. I also agree to some extent that people are selfish but I don’t think we should generalize it. Look at the people who have helped with disasters such as when hurricane Katrina hit.