News Comment #10

California currently has the highest gas prices in the country. The average is around $4.70 per gallon of regular unleaded gas. From this same time last year, gas prices in the United States were up by 50%.

The most expensive gas is in Mono County, California. Mono County is a tourist destination and home to the Mammoth Mountain ski resort. $5.66 per gallon is the average price for regular unleaded gas. In a nearby town of Lee Vining, a gallon cost $6.09.

California has had the highest gas prices for a while and they also have the highest tax on gas.

I chose this article because this is something that affects me as a college student. The price of gas determines how much I am willing to fill up my tank and how long I will go before finally putting gas in my car. This article showed no bias or subjectivity. I did think it was a little boring to read but it also isn’t a very interesting topic. I simply chose it because it caught my attention and shocked me.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/think-gas-prices-are-too-high-in-this-california-county-a-gallon-costs-6-11637506800?mod=hp_lead_pos11