Stranger Danger

September 21, 2021

Dr. Erik Mahon is in his 4th year as the director of jazz studies, he loves Morningside and the interaction with the students last year it was very difficult to remember names, Erik loves to figure out where everyone is from and loves to hear what you like about jazz, Dr. Mahon loves having students walk into his office just to chat and learn a little bit about you. Dr. Mahon likes wearing khaki’s and polos and looking so fresh and fly. Dr. Erik Mahon’s big plans for this weekend is that he is playing in a band and has 2 gigs one on friday night which is a wedding and saturday night he and his band are playing at a suicide prevention night hosted in Sioux Falls. “I have always loved jazz it felt like jazz will always be apart of me.”

Kristal Grigsby is in her 11th year here at Morningside she has been in the eppley office since june and was in the business office before this job because the last person who worked there retired. “I love Morningside, the interaction with the kids and just seeing everyone smiling.” Kristals last job was hard to interact with the students since she was in the business office. Kristal’s big plans for the weekend is that her daughter invited her down to her house for her husbands birthday and is the first time she will have both families together. Kristal also worked with Dave Madsen and Joan Mansfield at KTIV (Channel 4) for many many years.